Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 186

It's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week Jen Brum is our hostess and in a strange twist she put a circle on her sketch!  If you play along with us regularly at Freshly Made Sketches you know that Jen does not like circles on her cards, so imagine our surprise when we saw this sketch!  But rest assured, if you have a fear of circles too you can substitute something else in its place!

I don't have a fear of circles but I still substituted a poinsettia!  I'm woefully behind in making Christmas cards this year so I've resolved to try and make at least one a week and for some reason this sketch put me in mind of this poinsettia die.  This, of course, lead to kraft card stock and a splash of color which seem to be my go-to choices for Christmas cards.

Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some real beauties this week with this sketch.  Be sure you check them out!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Handy Christmas Greetings (Amy R Stamps)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Real Red, Vellum, Red Glimmer (SU)
Ink:  Real Red (SU)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettias die (Memory Box); Blueprints 20 die (My Favorite Things)

23 comments:

Deepti said...

Beautiful! Vellum poinsettia looks awesome :)

Lisa Lara said...

So beautiful Jen.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I adore this design Jen and that oh, so fabulous Poinsettia . . . thank you for your continued inspiration over at FMS! Hazel xx

Unknown said...

CAS and very eye catching. Love the red and the vellum with the kraft card. Karen x

Linda Callahan said...

Love the vellum poinsettia....and also those stitched panels! Pretty card!

Marisa said...

That vellum poinsettia is gorgeous!

Happy Dance said...

Sweet Christmas card, Jen. LOVE that poinsettia in the white vellum. And that bright bold red is so perfect here. Really pretty card. Love it. Bev

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

That vellum poinsettia is beautiful!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my what a pretty flower!! Love this Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my what a pretty flower!! Love this Jen!

Lesley said...

Absolute gorgeousness!!!! Love that vellum poinsettia and these are my "go to" Christmas colours as well!

Amy O said...

I love kraft and red for any occasion, and the vellum adds a pretty, soft touch. Beautiful card, Jen!

Karren said...

This is one beautiful Christmas card! The vellum poinsettia is so gorgeous I want to reach out and touch it!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the poinsettia.

Leigh Penner said...

That's so funny that you don't like circles! I love that you substituted the poinsettia! Your card is lovely!

Cindy Lovell said...

Pretty Christmas card,Jen!! I love...love the vellum poinsettia and the stitched panels!!!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Jen! I love it! My favourite colours! That poinsettia is amazing! So elegant looking! You're so on top of Christmas already!

Claire said...

Gorgeous in it's simplicity Jen! Love the way you're 'woefully behind in Christmas cards' in May lol

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Gorgeous flower layers! Love the stitching and all the layers in the background too! :)

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! This is amazing! I love the vellum poinsettia with the kraft and red. This is such an elegant and classic Christmas card!

Rita W said...

Umm... WOW!!!! This is such a gorgeous card! I don't need that die.. I don't need it... nope...

Jill Norwood said...

This is such a beauty! Love the vellum poinsettia!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful CAS Christmas card Jen! Totally love these colours together!