Tuesday, June 16, 2015

colourQ 295

The weather has been so fantastic around here that I have been totally neglecting my stamp room!  I can't possibly justify holing myself up inside when the sun is shining, the temperatures are warm and the flowers and veggies need watering.  But I did manage to get inside a time or two to make a card for today's colourQ palette!



This one is pretty CAS and I'm sure you recognize the CAS(E) This Sketch layout! When I started making this card I was going to use an entirely different floral image stamped in shades of pink than the one you see here but changed my mind at the last minute.  There was a piece of vellum hanging around my desk and when I saw it I thought that it would look pretty embossed in gold with this image instead.


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other colourQ designers cards this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hennah Elements (Altenew); Beautiful Butterflies (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Blushing Bride, Night of Navy, Vellum (SU); 
Ink:  Night of Navy (SU); Distress Embossing Ink
Accessories:   Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye); embossing powder

8 comments:

Hannelie said...

Jen this is one amazing take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!
And I don't blame you for being outside...I'm at the beach daily and it's hard to come back inside! lol ;) Enjoy the weather and fresh air! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you changed your mind to this one Jen, it's beautiful!!!

Happy Dance said...

Stunning, Jen. Simply and fantastically stunning. LOVE the pink base and that gorgeous vellum flower really pops against the navy. I Love This Card. You've got a winner in this. Soooo beautiful. Bev

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card. Love the colors and the flower embossed in gold is so pretty.

Karren said...

Beautiful! The vellum flower is so elegant.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Petra Swart said...

This is so beautiful, Jen!!! I love the pink card base and the blue really goes so well with it!!! Your vellum flower is stunning!!! Lovely card!!!