Friday, June 19, 2015

Tag You're It 24

TGIF everyone!  Friday's around here are a happy day not only because it is the gateway to the weekend but also because it's the day a new tag challenge starts at Tag You're It.  This week Anja is our hostess and she's given us some wonderful inspiration with her tag.  Here's my take and her original.



I wanted to follow the basic layout of her tag, although I did rotate it, and I almost used a dog on mine!  But as I was looking through my stash I came across this big blossom and since I hadn't used this stamp in a long while I thought it was high time I should!  I kept the base layer of my tag a neutral color like Anja's card and added a splash of color to the top of the tag.  The blossom was stamped on vellum so that the color could be seen through it and also it allowed me to hang part of it off the edge of the tag.  I kept the die cut sentiment the same word and added a wee stamped word underneath.  Easy peasy!  Now this tag is ready to be added to a card front or used on its own.

Our wonderful Tag You're It design team has created some wonderful tags this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Pocket Full of Posies (Technique Tuesday); Hand Lettered Hello (WPlus9)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Whisper White, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versamark)
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); Hand Lettered Hello die (WPlus9); black embossing powder

9 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Great touch of vellum, Jen! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

Swoon ~ Soft and beautiful tag Jen!!

Petra Swart said...

So soft and feminine, Jen!!!!! Love the stunning vellum blossom and the sentiment really looks great!!! What a beautiful tag!!! Love it!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love the pretty vellum flower!!!!

Caroline said...

Love that flower especially on the vellum!! I need to try this :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a fabulous tag! I am loving these colours and your choice of flower.

Deepti said...

The soft blue is so pretty on this tag :)

anja curvers said...

Wow so beautiful love your take on my tag that big flower is great.

Marybeth said...

I love your simple and beautiful take on Anja’s tag, Jen! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.