Tuesday, January 12, 2016

colourQ 324

Hello, hello!  It's Tuesday again and I'm back with a card for the new palette of colors at colourQ.  This week there's a lot of green in the air!



I've been trying out some of my watercoloring techniques, of which there are few, but after seeing this beauty from Monika recently I was inspired to try something similar.  Then along came this challenge from As You See It and I figured it was a sign that should definitely try something similar!  And finally the challenge at Just Us Girls uses metallics and once I saw that I knew I had to get busy putting all of these things together!


My watercoloring still needs work but I'm happy to report that this card looks way better in person.  Really it does!  I need to work on some soft edges for my watercolors because this sort of looks like an amoeba to my eye but that's ok.  I consider this a work in progress!

My colourQ teamies have all made some gorgeous cards this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope we get to see you in the gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fab Flakes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Sweet Tooth (My Favorite Things); Distress Watercolor Cardstock
Ink:  Mowed Lawn, Shabby Shutters, Evergreen Boughs (Distress); Silvery Shimmer Delicata
Accessories:  Blueprints 13 die  (My Favorite Things); Banner Bundle die (Verve); silver cord (SU); silver embossing powder

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Loving those fresh colours Jen! Beautiful! Have a lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Deepti said...

Wow! I am speechless :) love this beauty

Lisa Elton said...

Soft, dreamy and ever so pretty Jen!!

Shelly said...

This is gorgeous!! The colors are amazing!

Nancy said...

I think it looks super Jen..we are so critical of our work. I don't think you need anymore practice IMO. Love the colors too! Glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls for Trend Week.

Happy Dance said...

Looks pretty darn cool in this photo! You just have the knack to take a group of items/images and make a stunning CAS card with them. Your watercoloring looks just fine to me. The silver is so elegant, and what a pretty color palette this week. Such hopeful (for an early Spring) colors! Bev

Heather Cooper said...

Great design, Jen, and I think your watercolour technique is already pretty good! I love those two colours together! Thanks for participating this week in As You See It Challenges!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What an awesome card Jen. The water colored background is amazing! Thanks for the shout out! Glad I was able to inspire you to make this pretty card. :)

Ina G said...

Fabulous card Jen. Love the fresh green colours your great layout and touch of bling. Nice to see you at JUGS this week. Thanks for sharing with us.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at As You See It, good luck!!! Amy DT

Joyce said...

Love how you went all soft and watery this week with the colors. So very pretty.

Amanda said...

Fabulous watercolouring! Thanks for sharing your lovely, simple, and gorgeous creation with us at AYSI!

maria f. said...

So very pretty. I love how you embraced those challenges.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! The thread and splash of colors, together with embossing make a beautiful card!