Tuesday, May 10, 2016

colourQ 341!

It's finally looking a bit more like spring around these parts.  After a week of rain and temperatures more suitable to November, May is finally stepping up and acting like the warm spring it's supposed to be.  Here's hoping it lasts!

It's Tuesday and that means there's a new palette at colourQ and the colors this week definitely called a bit of spring to my mind.



I thought I had sold my Peach Parfait stamp pad and was originally going to substitute with that horrible cantaloupe color but luckily I came across the right color before it was too late.  Good thing too because the cantaloupe was totally wrong when it comes to being peach!  The layout of my card comes from the latest challenge at Match The Sketch and instead of using actual layers on my card I've simulated them with stamped images.  The butterfly, of course, is not stamped but is a beautiful new stitched die that I recently got and is meant to take the place of the smaller rectangle on the sketch.


These colors are gorgeous and if the cards the colourQ design team have made are any indication of how the gallery will look this week (and you can bet they are), we are all in for a big treat!  So please come and play along with us and show us how you see these colors!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Mesh (Darkroom Door); Painted Greetings (Altenew)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Cameo Coral, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Peach Parfait (SU); Black Tie (Ranger)
Accessories:  Blueprints 20 die (My Favorite Things); Daphne Butterfly die (Poppystamps); Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh)

6 comments:

Hannelie said...

Beautiful colors... Stunning inspiration!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Fabulous layering as ever Jen! Such pretty colours too. LOVE that butterfly! Have a very lovely day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Fanny said...

Huhu… Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Match the Sketch und viel Glück bei der Challenge! Liebe Grüße, Fanny
www.stampinwithfanny.de

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly charming Jen!!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, my, that is such a beautiful and delicate butterfly, Jen and I love the coral colour of it!!!! The stamped grid is lovely and perfect for your butterfly to rest on!!!! I really like the kraft base to have everything come alive wonderfully!!! So beautiful!!!
Have a great day!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen Your butterfly over the mesh is gorgeous! A beautiful card!