Tuesday, May 31, 2016

colourQ 344!

I think the long weekend did a lot to restore some of my mojo.  The palette this week at colourQ is eclectic, as always, and I made a card on Sunday using the colors but I was not entirely happy with it.  Luckily I had Monday off (to celebrate Memorial Day here in the US) so in the afternoon I took another crack at the colors using the tall and skinny sketch at Mojo.  The results are much better than my first attempt, I can assure you!



Coastal Cabana is close enough to green that I used it for my leaves and I substituted Pacific Point for Brilliant Blue and used it on my flower.  I found a button that is a spot-on match for Coastal Cabana so I used that in the center of the flower.  The challenge at House of Cards in May is to use vellum or acetate so I cut a banner in vellum and used it as the layer to stamp my sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by!  And I hope you have some time to check out the inspiration from my colourQ teamies and join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve)
Paper:  Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Pacific Point, Coastal Cabana (SU); Jet Black (Stazon)
Accessories:  Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things); Dreamy Leaves die (Verve); Woodland Park button (October Afternoon); crochet thread

9 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love those polka dots and that fabulous blue bloom. Thanks for joining us over at Mojo Monday!

Joyce said...

This is fantastic. Love your vellum panel with the sentiment, and how tall and skinny your card is.

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't made a tall skinny card in a long time, your's is gorgeous Jen, love it!! The velum and your design are incredible!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your design! That vellum fishtail is awesome and the flowers are so pretty!

Karren said...

Love what you've done with these colors! Fabulous use of the sketch!

cohenna said...

Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :)

Shawna said...

Simple, elegant, colorful are just some words I have to describe this card. Your use of vellum is fantastic! Instead of making it busy with color and images you decide to use an understated sentiment, just perfect! I really like the way your flower anchors everything together.. An amazing card indeed.. Thank you so much for joining us at HOC this month.
Love your newest follower,
Shawna
HOC DT

kartkadopolski said...

Very unique design.
Thank you for sharing your project with all of us at House of Cards May challange 'Clear papers'

Katarzyna Ewa

my candy
DT craftyenjoyments.co.uk
House of Cards Blog Hop 1-15.06.2016

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love Tall & Skinny cards, Jen, and you have really got a beautiful one, here!!! Love all the fun polka dots and the pretty blue flower!!!!