Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 252!

I hope you are not getting tired of seeing me create a Christmas card each week for the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  I know I don't make one every week but I seem to be on a roll because this is two weeks in a row I have made one!  Our hostess this week is Karren and when I saw that cluster of circles on her sketch I immediately thought of triangles (the crafty mind works in mysterious ways), which made me think of triangular Christmas tree dies.  And thus my card was born.



I am thrilled to pieces with how this card came out.  Firstly, because I finally used some glitter tape that I bought ages ago and secondly, because I had a vague idea in my head on how I wanted this card to turn out and it actually happened!  I am loving these new triangular-tree dies that I recently got and they were actually the impetus behind my Christmas theme this week.

This is an "anything goes" week at Christmas Card Challenges so I'll be linking this up over there as well.


My teamies at Freshly Made Sketches have got some gorgeous cards to show you this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sketchy Christmas (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Real Red (SU); Heidi Swapp patterned paper
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU)
Accessories:  Sapins die (Simply Graphic); glitter washi tape (Scotch)

13 comments:

Amy O said...

Well I can't explain how your mind works, but I love what your create! Those trees are really fun and I love your glittery strip at the bottom of the card.

I Card Everyone said...

Keep those Christmas themes coming, Jen! I LOVE these trees!!!
=]

Patti said...

Keep em coming Jen! I love those chic trees and that beautiful! sentiment!!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

I love seeing your Christmas cards Jen, you give me ideas LOL!! This is fantastic. Love the modern trees!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Love those trees!!! Such a pretty card!

Linda Callahan said...

I love these funky trees! Wonderful card! And the scribbly sentiment is perfect!

Karren said...

You are certainly making those triangle dies look fabulous in every card you make with them. This is such a cool Christmas card - lovin' that sentiment stamp!

Susi said...

Love your trio of trees - each one different, yet they add so much to your card. Your choice of sentiment is fabulous too - super cool font that matches the "feel" from the trees!

Creating with Susan said...

CAS and a perfect take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

laurie said...

I always love your cards Jen..such a great design!Thanks so much for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenges!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Anything Goes Challenge here at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Scrappy Geri said...

A lovely Christmas card! :)

Mandy LaCroix said...

Super pretty card - I love your design!
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!