Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 296

This week our lovely challenge at Freshly Made Sketches is brought to you by Jen Timko.  The sketch is square but I used a little poetic license and created a rectangular card.



The colors for my card come from the latest challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.  As I was putting this card together I wondered how a red butterfly would look and I'm happy to say that I like it!  I layered the swiss cheese butterfly top over a vellum bottom and jazzed up the background with some sparkle medium speckles in a champagne color.  I finished off the corner with some Nuvo Crystal drops in place of a paper layer.


My Freshly Made Sketches teamies have put together some great cards to inspire you to join us this week.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Seriously Awesome (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  Ivory Pure Luxury (Gina K); Early Espresso, Poppy Parade, Very Vanilla, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Gift Tag die (Penny Black); Papillons die (4enscrap); Tag Builder Blueprints 4 die (My Favorite Things); Speckles stencil (Tim Holtz); champagne Sparkle Medium (Imagination Crafts); Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Nuvo Crystal drops; jute twine

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Poetic license is good! This is so pretty.....love the red butterfly! And about those drops.....why don't I have any?

Happy Dance said...

So glad you went with the red butterfly, Jen. It really pops against the tag you've created, too. I did try the Nuvo drops, but was sooooo bad at it! Yours look just like enamel dots. Love that you've made this a rectangular card. Sweet!! Bev

Karren said...

The red butterfly looks perfect! And I had to smile at Linda's comment about the Nuvo drops - the enabling continues :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE it! The tag is a great take on the sketch and that red butterfly a standout!

Quillish said...

What a lovely layout of the card, Jen. The layers of the butterfly are wonderful, it's indeed the cherry on your card! Loved to see that the colours of the Cupcakes challenge inspired you. Thankyou for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration challenges, hope to see your lovely cards soon again! Ishani x

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Jen! I love that little tag and the sweet red butterfly! Definitely glad you took that poetic license and deviated!!!! It's such a beautiful card!

Jen Timko said...

Love your take on the sketch. Those drops are so pretty and I love the red butterfly!!

Chanray said...

I love what you did with the sketch . It is so original and and elegant!

Wendy Bellino said...

What a great CAS card and I love how you combined the challenges! Nice touch with the vellum on the butterfly wings, such a great dimensional effect. Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

CupcakeInspirations said...

Oh this is so pretty! Great use of this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie

Lisa Elton said...

I never think to do a butterfly in red, but this is cool!!