Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 312

I would say that I'm definitely starting to feel the Christmas crunch.  I had a look at my stash of Christmas cards and cringed.  I actually cringed.  So you'll have to forgive me if you see a Christmas card every time you visit here!  This week there's a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, brought to you by Cécile, and it didn't take much for me to see that square as being perfect for a shaker.



After trying out a few pieces of patterned paper for that triangle layer in the corner I opted to emboss it instead with a striped embossing folder - reminiscent of candy cane stripes.  The square was cut using a snowflake die and behind it are some Christmas colored sequins.  I watched a video the other day (which, incidentally, is how I came to buy that square snowflake die set) and the greatest tip I got from it was, when making a shaker card, to rub the acetate with anti-static powder (this is what I use) so that the sequins move freely around.  Genius!

There's an "anything goes" Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers this month so you'll find me linked over there as well.


Well, that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and please check out all the amazing inspiration from the design team at Freshly Made Sketches.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fa La La (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Garden Green, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Snowflake Snippets die (Spellbinders); Class Christmas sequins (Neat & Tangled)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the idea of a shaker card for Christmas! And I love the snowflakes over the window. That tip is a good one -- just wish I could remember to do it before adhering everything down.

LeAnne said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I just made an adorable shaker card and EVERY single one of the sequins stuck to the foam. Grrrr! I used to use baby powder but I am definitely going to try this product!!! This is so cute, I just love the shaker window and your subtle embossing! Gorgeous!

I Card Everyone said...

sweet mama, this is GORGEOUS!! oh that rascally static! off to watch and learn! thanks, Jen!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I love the delicate shaker window you've created.! This is amazing Jen!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the patterned window of your shaker card! Someday I have to get it together and tackle another shaker card. I love the look! I do have that powder but can't get it open.....lol....guess I will let the Big Guy figure it out!

Nonni said...

Your card is a true beauty! I love all your design ideas -the embossed lines and the snowflake window -what a stunning shaker card this is! Thanks for joining us at HLS November Christmas challenge!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jen! I love the shaker box idea! Such perfect Christmas colours!

Karren said...

Oh wow, the shaker element on this card is so beautiful! And the embossing is a great way to translate the diagonal element on the sketch.

Jen Timko said...

Buh bye to sequins with static cling issues! You are so smart!! And this is totally amazing. Love that little snowflake!